An increase in internet usage has changed the world in many ways. The TV and video industry is no exception. In fact, we can say it is one of the most affected industries.
It is changing at high speed due to the change in user behaviour, digitalization of the world, the formation of digital platforms including Google, and Apple, and the availability of video on demand. Now, people prefer watching media at a time of their own choosing, thanks to the shift to digital platforms, instead of waiting for the show to air on TV at a particular time.
The Influence of Video-on-Demand and Digital Platforms
Digital media concepts are no longer in use. They have evolved over the years with the advancement in technology.
The formation of digital platforms has created many opportunities for content producers, broadcasters, and media companies. Now, they are not restricted to broadcast their shows at a particular time. They can make their shows available on online platforms, from where people can watch anything, anytime, and anywhere, in a format that they like.
Video-on-demand (VoD) technology allows video content to be delivered directly to individual users, who can have immediate access to it, meaning they can watch it whenever they want, no matter where they are.
What Might the Future of the TV and Video Industry Be
It is difficult to predict the future of the TV and video industry, as the rapid change in technology and dependency on the internet are altering many things fast.
Let’s study the major factors affecting the industry, and then understand what future scenarios for the TV industry might be.
- Digitalization: Digital technologies are used to convert data like a video, text, or image into a digital form; this is distributed on digital platforms with the help of 5G technology and a fast fibre optics network.
- Video-on-demand: Many people enjoy watching video on-demand. But, a considerable number of people still prefer to watch shows, particularly live programs, on TV.
- Advertising: The marketing tactics and techniques have changed a lot. Marketers gather user data and use it to generate personalised ads, meaning ads appear on your screens based on what you have been searching on the internet. This increases the probability of converting a casual visitor into a paying customer.
While considering these factors, there are three possible scenarios for the TV industry by 2030.
- Scenario 1: Digital platforms dominate the TV and video industry.
- Scenario 2: National TV broadcasters accept the digital transformation and create a new industry by merging their industry with the internet and its services.
- Scenario 3: Content creators start distributing their content to users via their own channels.
How Ayozat is Adapting to These Changes
Seeing the change in user behaviour and demand, Ayozat is now providing many services that can fulfil the basic needs of the future.
They have more than 100 channels, including sports, and entertainment, to let their users select from a vast variety of viewing options. They are also providing video-on-demand to give people access to content without a traditional video playback device. They will soon launch music streaming, too, so that people can use this all-in-one platform to watch programs, music, films, and more. They are well worth checking out – see here – https://ayozat.com/.